I love working with teens because they keep me young!
Here's my philosophy in treating teens: this is the best age to give them a chance for the healthiest bite and beautiful smile for a lifetime. Did you ever notice how a great smile goes a long way to boosting self-confidence and overall health? Another great advantage is that teen metabolism is on our side - teeth are responsive and growth is such a great help! As a parent, this is a gift you give your children. My team and I will support this, and foster a positive experience for them. We make treatment fun and rewarding.
Advantages to treating growing patients:
- Bone metabolism is at its best, which can make treatment more efficient and successful.
- Growth problems (shifting bites, narrow palates, recessed chin) can be normalized.
- Teeth can erupt healthier for healthier gums.
- Straight teeth can mean better self-esteem, and much easier cleaning.
- You can have a proper bite for a lifetime and minimize improper wear/loss of tooth structure from wear.
In addition to traditional steel braces, treatment options for teenagers may include ceramic/clear braces, or Invisalign Teen®. We look forward to helping your child achieve the smile of a lifetime! A referral from your dentist is not necessary to schedule an exam, so please contact us if you would like a complimentary evaluation for your child. To learn more about your first visit with us, click here.